Friday, June 26, 2009

A Voice

I was at a Mariner Game yesterday and had an experience that will stick with me for awhile.
As i was selling tickets to the game out front of the stadium a homeless man walked up to me.
He wanted to write me a poem using the letters from my name.  I said no more out of reaction and then the profound happened.
He tipped his head down and said in a different tone, quieter voice, humble broken tired, "Can you help a brother out".  
As we passed immediately my mind went to, "Now there is a desperate voice"  My heart broke for the man.  I stood there for a few seconds and just watched him.  He did that walk that the homeless do aimless but looking for the next victim.  
By the time i reached him he already started to talk with someone else.  Not wanting anything from him i gave him some money and tried to walk away.  He insisted on writing a poem for me.  What got me most was that Desperation has a sound a Voice a soul attached to it.  This man's desperation obvious a need for food, water and relationship.  He seemed excited to write for me and in the moment when he read his poem to me completely unaware of his desperation.  Are you aware of yours?  Do you see your need? 
His Poem; 
Embrace of a noble existence who 
Rest his heart upon the shoulder of 
Inner peace to 
Kneel at the feet of a glorious act. 

No comments:

Post a Comment